Rant over my kid

 Yo.

Ganna go straight to it.

I'm always worried about my kid, pretty sure that's normal for any parent but...When does it end?

I'm not the most positive person, actually, by the way of seeing my child, I think I bring out the negative in her. I wish I was supportive and smart, when it came to looking after her, but really, I don't think I am. I feel inadequate and selfish to have brought her into this fucked up world!

What really sucks is that I do have some good information and whatever to teach her, she is just so...Well she's a 'kid of today'.

'Kid of Today': Too many choices to entertain themselves and to go about things, even with the way they can go to school...

                            Asked about what they want too much, when they should have just been given it by their parents .

                            Don't understand what 'hurry' means.

                            Doesn't know a hard days work or 'hard knock life'. They think they know it but they don't, not in the slightest.

                            They don't care for punishments because the 'punishments' of today are really terrible for scaring them into line. I hate to admit it but I think fear is sometimes (not always) a good method for kids to sit down and shut the fuck up, you know.


Look, there's probably more about today's kids but still I'm trying to deal with it the best I can. I can show her the way, but she has to walk it...The problem is, she isn't walking it!

She's walking her own path and we are fighting because she doesn't do the simple things I ask! The job list is there, right in front of her, they aren't hard! I'm not getting her to clean the house, no I'm getting her ready to 'get ready for work' type of thing. (The usual get up, dress, brush hair/teeth and have breakfast. Oh and make sure your bag is packed). Is it terrible of me to think that when she has trouble doing this easy sit of chores that I can't help but sigh?

Why is she being so difficult!?

For years I've had to put up with her fighting and fighting me and my line! I sometimes wish I'd give up and just let her go her own way but as it is it feels like she's winning and that her life will be horrible! How can I tell her that I'm trying to get her onto a good path? How can I tell her that I only want good things for her!? What's wrong with just doing what mum tells you to do? Why can't she just do it!? 


I have a bad feeling that she will continue this way and I will continue to be just as stubborn but...While we are like this, we will not have a friendship, simply because I personally don't like people like this and so...Our relationship and bond will deteriorate over time and when she might actually get to a point of being so naughty that I can't forgive within a day or two, I may have to kick her out...

I'm just so worried that she is not taking anything in, so worried that she is going to do EVERYTHING the hard way! 

I love this kid, I just wish she understood what I was doing...

Well, I'm trying and I'll continue to do so. I'll have a break when she's eighteen, to calm down after all these years and see how she goes without me then...Please kid, take it in and remember that I'm just trying to help bring you up as good as I can...

 

Mum.

 

Anyway, guess those with children understand what I'm ranting about lol. Have a good day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21900 days...Does this title scare you?

Summer Princess

Dreaming